- A computer scientist with a Ph.D. from University of Exeter.
- He invented the proof-of-work algorithm that is the foundation of Bitcoin’s security model
- The proof-of-work system Hashcash, invented in 1997 is a system to eliminate spam in email
- Bitcoin whitepaper Reference number 6 Hashcash - A Denial of Service Counter-Measure - August 1, 2002
- Prefers the programming language C instead of C++
- implemented credlib, a library that implements the credential systems of Stefan Brands and David Chaum.
- Joined BitcoinTalk 2013 and Bitcoin miner to late 2013
- Founded Blockstream
Adam Back lost 108.45 on gox